The first time that I heard this song that is on my play list “A Baby Changes Everything," was about this time last year. I remember listening to it and thinking, “Oh, is this about teenage pregnancy?” “Is this condoning teenage pregnancy?” I then listened to it more, and realized who it was about. I just started crying. I was shocked at how quick I was to judge. It really made me feel horrible, which it should have. I started wondering if I lived back in the day would I have believed Mary? It makes me think of her courage. I’m sure most people thought that she was a promiscuous woman, but we all know that she was a virgin called of the Lord. She endured much ridicule to bring forth the Savior of the World. I think of my Stella, and the love that I have for her. I think that Mary must have felt that same love when her son, Jesus Christ, was born. I think of the pain she must have felt to see Him suffer. I can’t imagine. What faith she had to forget about what others said to do what she knew was right. I also have such appreciation for Joseph. When Casey and I were thinking of, and going through the adoption process I was listening to a song that gave me such appreciation for Joseph, and for adoption. It made me really focus on the fact that Jesus was not Joseph’s biological son, but he adopted Him as his own. What a wonderful man of God Joseph was to know that Mary was being truthful. He endured much to make sure the Savior was not only born, but cared for, loved, and taught through out His mortal life. I am so grateful to have examples such as these to strive to be like. (The pictures are by Simon Dewey.)
Friday, December 4, 2009
Song
Posted by Christina at 1:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What an amazing testimony! I'm so grateful Casey found such a wonderful and spiritual woman!! Love you guys
Post a Comment