For our ward party this year the Relief Society thought of putting on a Christmas party like in old Nauvoo times. It was really cool! They had live violin and cello music. There was a blacksmith shop, and a daguerreotype which is a place that they took pictures. They also had a red brick store where people had different projects that they worked on. They put little tags on them that said “Made by:_______” Well I’m not a crafty craftswoman, so I didn’t bring anything to display, but instead we put a tag on Stella that said, “Made by: Casey and Christina Eichhorn.” She is the best thing that I have ever made! The Primary was in charge of the Scoval Bakery. We made spice cake for it. It was to represent the gingerbread that they ate back in the day. We ate dinner in the “Mansion House,” (the cultural hall.) They had soup and biscuits which was perfect because it was a cool night. There were a bunch of other little shops, too. My favorite part was socializing with everyone. I really enjoyed the fellowshipping! Unfortunately my memory card in my camera was full, so I didn’t have any room to take pictures, but to the left is a picture of Nauvoo, Illinois in the winter.
Two Sundays ago was the Christmas Devotional which I love! I love it because of the amazing talks, and messages. I also love it because it reminds of Casey’s, and my first date! Back in the day (in 2001) Casey just showed up at my ward! He asked all of us Kent Staters if anyone wanted to go to Kirtland after church. For some reason no one else could go except for me! Hmm… I wonder if they really couldn’t go, or if they planned it that way. Anyway we got lost on the way there, and Casey didn’t even get mad! That was VERY impressive to me. He has since lost that trait, but it was an attention getter to me back then. Needless to say we hit it off, and the rest is history! Just a little side note, he later proposed to me in Kirtland where we had our first date.
This year my favorite quote from the devotional was from President Monson, “What is the spirit we feel at Christmastime? It is His spirit—the Spirit of Christ.”
0 comments:
Post a Comment