Sunday, December 6, 2009

Baby Stella at Eight Months

Here is what our big girl is doing at eight months. She:

~Is about 18 pounds now.

~Is crawling! You can see her cute crawling in the video below.

~Has two teeth in! She has, I think, three more coming in, too!

~Loves paper. She loves how it sounds,... and how it tastes. Paper is not a healthy food for babies!

~Has even more hair now.

~Loves everything Christmas! She likes to also eat fake Christmas trees, stuffed Santa’s, etc., so we have to really keep our eye on her because she moves FAST!

~Kind of said “Jesus” today. She also says Dada and Baba.

~Is almost out of her baby bath tub. I give it a few more weeks to move her to the regular tub.

~Nurses regularly, and eats a little bit of food just about every night before bed.

~Still has not hit the “I’m scared of everyone except Daddy and Mama” stage. Does anyone know at what age that happens?

~Loves people.

~Has the gift of gab. She also talks in her sleep now.

~Loves picking at the carpet. She finds the tiniest little fuzzies to pick at. Luckily she hasn’t started to put the fuzzies in her mouth…yet.

~Waves tons now.

At this time of the year I especially start thinking of the blessings that I have been given. We have an ornament that says “The Best Christmas Gift Ever,” with a picture of Stella in it. It’s so true. I think Casey and I have cried about three times already this holiday season because we are so grateful for our little one. I remember in 2007 saying, “I can’t go another Christmas without a baby.” Heavenly Father heard that. Last year we had our little girl in my belly, and now she’s here for us to love on whenever we want! For some reason I am more emotional about the Savior's birth this year, as well. I think because Stella’s birth is still so close in my mind. I understand it all better now. Stella loves Santa, but I hope that we teach her well, so that she knows and celebrates the true reason for this season.


2 comments:

Brey, Hillary, Leila & Lydia said...

18 months for the Stranger Danger- just in time for nursery. Make friends with the nursery workers in chuch and see if you can start going ASAP. Leila was so difficult after learning to walk (12 mo)- that i could stay with her in nursery- but see if you can start leaving her there at 16-17 months- its WAY harder now, but we are 2 months into learning about nursery.

lindaharper said...

The older she gets the more beautiful she is! And so spiritual, saying Jesus. She must have learned that in Primary! You are so blessed with a gift that will last eternally!