Saturday, November 28, 2009

Random Things

It was fun in the beginning of the month to go to a Relief Society “Serve and Fun” meeting. We learned how to make egg rolls from some of the Hmong sisters in our ward. They were AMAZING!! We learned how to make some crafts, too. My friend Lynne taught us. She’s very crafty…just like me! Haha We ended the activity by making shawls for people in the nursing homes, but I can’t sew very well at all, so I helped stuff procedure dolls. When children have to go to the hospital to have surgery the doctors use the dolls to draw on to show the kids what they will be doing. It helps the kids to understand whats going on a little better. The kids can also draw faces, clothes, etc. on the dolls to make them more personal. I was real good at stuffing them, and I even sewed one up by hand. I LOVE LOVE LOVE service projects! Sister Beck (the Relief Society General President) said that every time we have a RS meeting we should do service. I agree! To the left is a picture of what procedure dolls look like.

O.k. on to the next random subject... This month eight years ago I saw Casey at a Young Single Adult get together. It was the second time that I have ever seen him. I remember we kept looking at each other. I was TOTALLY checking him out! I forget what shirt he was wearing, but I remember he had jeans on with white K-Swiss shoes. Oh my gosh! He looked SO GOOD! He still looks so good! Anyway, while everyone was starting to leave I went and asked him for his email address. He gave it to me and we emailed for about one month before our first date. I can not believe it has been eight years already! Gosh I love that man.

2 comments:

KD said...

I can't believe it has been 8 years either!!! Wow where did the time go? Service projects???hmmm where does that sound familiar from??? :D lol Can you get me the pattern for the procedure dolls, that sounds like a great idea for a possible silver project and I have 3 girls looking for ideas. Thanks

yaya said...

I bet he was checking you out too! It was a match made in heaven. You're both wonderful people and now you have that sweet little Stella. Isn't love grand??