Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Introducing Emmeline Mae

This pregnancy was different than my other pregnancies because I was slightly high risk this time, which means I had to go to the hospital to have Emmeline. I found one that was very open to natural childbirth. It even had a tub that I could labor in. I was getting close to my due date and was going to have to be induced if she didn't come before that Tuesday. On Saturday night, I took a concoction that was supposed to kick start labor, but I was very doubtful that it would work! Well, at about 4am I woke up with pains. I wasn't sure if it was the real deal because the pains were coming from my back, so I got in the tub. Well, the pain kept coming, and I realized I was having back labor. I immediately woke Casey up. He called the sitter. Stella wanted to be in the room when Emmeline was born, so she came with us! We raced to the hospital. Casey had to park the car so the security guard took me up to the labor and delivery part of the hospital. I had another contraction in the elevator, and he encouraged me to just breath through it! I laughed about that later! I got there and as they were checking me in, Casey and Stella got there. Then things started to get really intense. I told them that I go fast, and I quickly had to assume the birthing position. The sweet nurse who in the beginning gave me a pep talk about how I know my own body, was also the one who told me "No!!!" when I asked her if I could push. Poor thing! I couldn't help it! She was the only one in the room when Emmeline slid into this world. She yelled "I need a little help in here!" The nurses came in and were in shock to see Emmeline had arrived...Oh! And all the nurses had bunny ears on because it was Easter! Easter is about new birth, new life...how fitting. Words can not express how grateful we are to Heavenly Father for our sweet new little one. She is beyond precious. Best. Easter. Ever. ♥
 










2 comments:

yaya said...

I guess I didn't know you were expecting again! Congrats on that beautiful little lady! I love her name too! Glad all went well.

Stacy said...

You always make things look so easy, being a mama. What a beautiful baby girl. I hope you are well and getting lots of help from your other children!