Saturday, April 5, 2014

Stella's 5th Birthday!

I can NOT believe this little one is:
 
 
now our FIVE year old!! When did that happen? Needless to say, I've been a little emotional about it! There is just something about the 5th birthday that means that early childhood is done. WAHHHHHH!!! It's a good thing, though. I know that, but I have been taking a lot of walks down memory lane recently. Anyway, we had an awesome birthday weekend!
 
 
We started the weekend off with an all-girls party at Monkey Joe's. Well, Grady was there, but he was the only boy. (So if any of my besties (JOP) are wondering why their son wasn't invited, it's because I didn't think he would be interested in hanging out with a bunch of girls!)
 
Beautiful Cake by my Friend, Keely
 


She won a free admission and other goodies while playing this game.


Ugh, blurry! But she still looks cute :)



 
When it was time for the birthday cake we sang "Happy Birthday to you..." and that's the only part of the song we got to before she blew the candles out! So here is the only picture I got of that. Great, huh?

 
We just started a new tradition that Daddy takes out the birthday child on their birthday for breakfast.


She received tons of gifts from out of town!

Her party was Friday, but her actual birthday was on Sunday, so we had a birthday dinner for her. The sister missionaries were here to celebrate with us, too.

The Amazing (emphasize the sarcasm) Birthday Cake I Made her on her Birthday. At least it tasted ok! Her wish with both birthday cakes was that she could marry her daddy!



We ended the weekend by going to the park to fly Stella's new princess kite. So fun!


 
Happy Birthday to our sweet and sassy Stella! We are so proud of you! We love the heck out of you until forever!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy birthday. I remember the first week you were home. Seems like just yesterday. Just waiting until she is getting ready to graduate and counting down the days until she is done with high school.

selvageedge said...

Happy Birthday, Stella! Looks like an awesome party.