Sunday, April 27, 2014

Baby Joey is Here!

So funny story...the same day that I posted about "Patiently Waiting" for Joey, he was born! I was putting Grady to bed and at about 8:30 I thought I may have possibly had a contraction. I wasn't sure, but I called Casey in so he could take care of Grady while I went to take a bath to try to stop whatever was going on (I was pretty sure they were just really intense Braxton Hicks.) I had a few more "Braxton Hicks" in the bath. I still wasn't sure what was going on. I texted my sister and told her that I may be going into labor. Right after that text, I had a big contraction. Then I texted her again telling her that yep, I was in labor! I texted my midwife and doula to tell them that contractions were slow, but fairly regular. I told them that I would let them know when the contractions were five minutes apart because at the time they were 14 minutes apart. We were planning on having a homebirth, so they were coming to us. After a while my contractions went to nine minutes apart. Since it was going slow, I went to lay down and fell asleep. I woke right up into a contraction. Then I needed to use the restroom. When I got out of the restroom, I had three crazy intense contractions. I  told Casey to call the midwife and doula. Then I felt the urge to push! I told Casey while he was on the phone with our midwife. He said "Don't push, don't push!!!!"  I then attempted to make it to the pool in our living room (I was planning on having another waterbirth in my home) to try to slow the labor. Casey asked Amy (our midwife) what I could do to not push, and she said "Well, if she has to push, she has to push!" My water than broke! I thought "I can't have an unassisted homebirth!!!!!" Then I pushed, and Casey caught our little man at 11:55 pm !!!! Crazy, right?! Crazy and amazing!!! Needless to say, we were in shock!! My doula got here first. She came walking in and was like "Ok, what can I do to help.....is that the baby?!!" I was sitting on the floor holding him. Casey and I were both sitting their with shocked looks on our faces and said, "Yes." She helped check Joey (who was doing great and nursing) and she helped me deliver the placenta. Amy arrived about 15 minutes later and checked everything out very thouroughly. After we both checked out well, they cleaned up and left. We decided that next time she will come after I have my first contraction! We then went to bed. The kids slept through the whole thing! They woke up at about 7:30 am. Grady came in first. When he saw his baby brother in the bassinet, he looked at us and said "What?" hahaha!! Then Stella came down and started crying when she saw Joey because she was so happy!!! It was very sweet. The Spirit is so incredibly strong when a little one comes into the world. We are so blessed  to have three little, healthy, amazing children in our eternal family. We are very grateful to our Heavenly Father that everything worked out and our little, healthy Joey is here!
Joseph "Joey" Liston Eichhorn
Born 4/14/14 at 11:55 pm
8 lbs 6 oz 20 1/2 inches long
 
 




Stella gave Joey a gift!




Joey opened his eyes so wide when Daddy held him.




First Bath



Little Monkeys
 

2 comments:

selvageedge said...

Just beautiful!!! Congratulations!

Sandy was telling me this story this morning at church, and I said, "she needs to update her blog!" Looks like that's what you were doing while we were conversing. :)

I love that first picture of Stella and Grady holding Joey. Not sure if it's amazing or amusing that they slept through the whole thing.

Julie said...

ahhh so precious and what a wonderful story. Congratulations he is beautiful!!