Monday, March 17, 2014

Butterflies

For our twenty-third week of preschool, our unit was focused on butterflies because spring is coming! We love butterflies. Years ago when we moved here Casey planted tons of butterfly attracting plants in our backyard, so we're excited to see the butterflies that come every year. Stella especially loves her some butterflies!  


For our Field Trip Friday, we headed over to the Roper Mountain Science Center's Butterfly Garden. It is beautiful! We only saw one butterfly because it's still early, but it was still super pretty.




There were signs all over the garden like this one in the picture. It told us the name of the plant and which kind of butterfly is attracted to it. On the signs we saw a lot of butterflies and plants that we had learned about during the week. That was cool.

The pond had a whole town of turtles living in it!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm glad there is spring somewhere. Not here yet!

selvageedge said...

We spent yesterday out in the sun and it felt so warm that I have to admit I ditched my coat! One of the first thing's Ellie noticed outside was that birds were singing. Spring is on its way; butterflies are not far behind.

I love turtle town!

yaya said...

I think I have seen similar pics of that garden from Craig and Amy and their kiddos! Looks like a great place to visit even when no butterflies are flying!