Our little man had his two month appointment this past Friday. It went really well! He has had a cold for about a week and a half. Sad! The saddest part is that at his age, there is really not much that we can do to help the poor little one. It seems to finally be going away, but because of it his eyes have even been more yucky (his tear ducts are clogged,) so we were able to get more drops. Those seem to help. One of my friends had suggested (so kindly) that maybe Grady had acid reflux. I checked with our doctor and he said he didn't think Grady did. He actually said that babies are being overly diagnosed with acid reflux. That was a relief! This may be a little embarrassing for Casey and for Grady later in life, but I'm going to tell you anyway! Casey was born with a pilonidal sinus opening, and so we were sure to check Grady for one. Sure enough, I looked and thought I saw one on his bum. Dr. Stafford looked and said Grady sure did have a "deep pilonidal sinus dimple." Aww kind of cute that it was passed down from Casey! He said just to keep an eye on it. It should eventually close up. Grady weighed about 12.5 at the appointment which means he's in the 25 percentile for weight and he is only about 23 inches long which is only the fifth percentile for height! People say he is taking after the Greek side (except for his Polish nose,) so I guess that just goes with it! (Greek men tend to be on the shorter side.) Stella wanted to be right there with the doctor checking on Grady. She is a bit protective of him! I was grateful the appointment went well! We are so blessed to not only have our sweet little ones, but also we are blessed that they are healthy. Sunday, March 25, 2012
Grady's Two Month Appointment
Our little man had his two month appointment this past Friday. It went really well! He has had a cold for about a week and a half. Sad! The saddest part is that at his age, there is really not much that we can do to help the poor little one. It seems to finally be going away, but because of it his eyes have even been more yucky (his tear ducts are clogged,) so we were able to get more drops. Those seem to help. One of my friends had suggested (so kindly) that maybe Grady had acid reflux. I checked with our doctor and he said he didn't think Grady did. He actually said that babies are being overly diagnosed with acid reflux. That was a relief! This may be a little embarrassing for Casey and for Grady later in life, but I'm going to tell you anyway! Casey was born with a pilonidal sinus opening, and so we were sure to check Grady for one. Sure enough, I looked and thought I saw one on his bum. Dr. Stafford looked and said Grady sure did have a "deep pilonidal sinus dimple." Aww kind of cute that it was passed down from Casey! He said just to keep an eye on it. It should eventually close up. Grady weighed about 12.5 at the appointment which means he's in the 25 percentile for weight and he is only about 23 inches long which is only the fifth percentile for height! People say he is taking after the Greek side (except for his Polish nose,) so I guess that just goes with it! (Greek men tend to be on the shorter side.) Stella wanted to be right there with the doctor checking on Grady. She is a bit protective of him! I was grateful the appointment went well! We are so blessed to not only have our sweet little ones, but also we are blessed that they are healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
He's a cutie and I laughed about the "short Greek men"! Don't tell my tall Greek uncles about that...wait, you can't tell them because they're dead, but if they weren't they would not be happy! Hahaha! Have a good week and kiss those babies and keep them well!
He seems to be doing well. Maybe his height will come in high school when the boys seem to grow 6 inches over summer break!
I'm counting the days!!!! can't wait to see you.
Your kiddos are so cute. Grady looks so much like his daddy... apparently in more ways than one. :)
I chuckle to myself everytime I visit your blog because I notice that your music has a lot of songs that were popular when you were first married; they always remind me of when Tom and I were first together.
Adorable!!! I am so happy your kidders are healthy.They couldn't have better parents! I can't wait to meet Grady!
I got great big hugs from your family Sunday. Sure was nice to see them again so soon. Hope you're doing okay down there!
Post a Comment