
I just had to use that picture! Our sweet Stella girl is potty training which pretty much means we (Casey and I) are the ones being trained! We started training her at 20 months. I started with the lowest expectations possible so whatever happened would be a good thing. Right now she is still wearing a diaper at night. It is a continuous job and I can’t be lazy or there will be a lot more tiny little panties to wash! We take her to the potty about every 50 minutes. She is starting to tell us when she has to go but I would say 85% of the time is still parent-lead. We followed
Dr. Rosemond’s method of potty training called “Naked and 75.” It’s called that because in the beginning the child is to be nakey from the waist down, and when the child is finally trained the carpet will need to be cleaned for $75. We didn’t follow it to a “T” but we followed the main part of it while adapting it to Stella’s needs and our circumstances. I'm learning to be MORE PATIENT! Heavenly Father always blesses me with situations to become more patient. I also learned that children pick up on so much, so quickly. It’s amazing to see.
PS I also have to give props to Stella's nanny, Danni. Stell goes to her house for for about two days a week (about 12 hours a week.) If Danni wasn't willing to work with us, Stella would not be where she is with potty training. It means so much and it makes so much of a difference to have a supportive and patient nanny. Thanks Danni!
2 comments:
My mother-in-law always said to me...you never see a graduating senior not potty trained...I have to laugh about that. Keep up the good work mama!
congrats stella! we are starting- and leila is 35 months old! lol- she's had a fear of the potty for a while, and now we can get her to sit on it for a reward- m&m's! it is such an interesting time
Post a Comment