This was my first time going to the African-American Family History Workshop put on by our Church for the community. It was the seventh annual, but I always thought that I shouldn’t go because..…I’m white, but I found out that it was ok to go! One of my dear friends, Carol, is in charge of it every year. She puts so much work into it! There was a great turn out. I was so excited because the queen of the Gullah/Geechee people (Queen Quet) was the keynote speaker! She spoke after the classes were over. It was FABULOUS! She talked about her people, and she spoke in her language a bit, too. I thought I knew about the Gullah/Geechee people, but I didn’t. I can’t wait to go on a Gullah/Geechee tour next time we go to Savannah/Hilton Head! To see a video of Queen Quet speaking at the event just click here. You'll need a Facebook account to see it.
1 comments:
Hey, I used your mormon.org profile in my lesson today in RS. Hope you don't mind. :) Miss you guys.
Post a Comment