Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ward Christmas Party

We were going to be about an hour late to our ward Christmas party so I did NOT want to go because I was going to be embarrassed, but Casey made us go. I, of course, am happy he did. I don't think it was too obvious that we were super late. We ate, socialized, and then went on a “scavenger hunt.” We were divided into teams and we received clues about different rooms of the church building. In each room were members of our ward dressed up as different people who participated in the story of the nativity. They told stories about their role in the birth of Jesus Christ. The last one was a manger where we found baby Jesus. We were to write a goal that we would work on to draw closer to the Savior and then put that paper in a box that looked like a present. It was awesome. Stella enjoyed it, too. She got a little foam Christmas tree and in every room she was given a little foam ornament to put on the tree. It helped me focus on the true meaning of the season.

0 comments: