Sunday, January 31, 2010

First (and probably last) Snow of the Year

It snowed here Friday night, and Saturday. It was way cool. One of the main reasons that we moved to the south was to get away from the snow, but now I want it to snow more here. Weird! Everything was shut down because of the storm. They don’t really have snow trucks, or salt. They sometimes put down sand. I guess they figure they don’t want to spend too much on snow stuff since it usually only snows once a year. That being said the only thing that finally cleared the roads this afternoon was the sun. Stake Conference was even rescheduled, and you know that like never happens! SCC (Spartanburg Community College) has a two hour delay tomorrow, so I only have to work one class. Yay! More time with Stella is always wonderful! Here are pictures of Stella and Casey playing in the snow. Stella was not too excited about the whole thing.

2 comments:

yaya said...

We were in Michigan helping Craig and Amy unpack. We laughed when the weather channel showed the mess you were in...not laughed to make fun, just laughed because of the irony..it was sunny and not snowing up here! That snow you had doesn't even look like real snow..it looks crusty! Oh great, now I sound like a snow snob...well in a few weeks you can laugh at us when it's 70 there and still snowing here!

Danni said...

The pictures are adorable! I wish the "snow" were more fluffy too, it might have been a little more fun to play in. haha Have you ever been hit by a southern snow ball? It's like being pelted with straight ice! haha