I've been gone from blogging for quite awhile now because we bought a home! Hallelujah! We worked really hard to get to a point where we could move and buy a new home. It was over a year in the making. Buying a home was not as fun as I had envisioned! It is an emotional roller-coaster. As easy as it was to sell our home in Duncan, it was equally difficult to buy our new home. We had to wait SIX weeks before we were officially approved for our home. When we were approved, we found out from the seller's realtor...a day before we were supposed to close!! We were supposed to close on Wednesday, found out on that Tuesday that we were approved, then found out that the closing was pushed back until that Friday, October 12th, and then at closing something happened with the buyer's side of the contract, so we were not officially closed until that following Monday...whew!! Well, it was all worth it, because we LOVE it here!..besides finding out soon after we moved that we were going to have to fix the septic...which will require thousands of dollars that we do not have! Other than that, it is perfect for us! The house is only 100 square feet bigger than our house in Duncan, which is fine because I'm not good at keeping house and the space is much more functional for our family (laundry room off the kitchen, a ranch, kids can play outside freely) and the big part was the almost 8 acres that it is on. We are beyond grateful and I still think a little surprised that we were able to get this house. We live in a super tiny, tiny little town called Donalds, SC, which is in Greenwood county. We're still in the upstate of South Carolina, but about an hour from Spartanburg and Greenville. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere...which is what we wanted. We miss our old ward family, but we love our new ward, too. They have been wonderfully welcoming. That means a lot when you know NO ONE in your new area! We have some egg-laying chickens and plan to get more in the spring with maybe some meat chickens (broilers,) too. That's the plan anyways! We are all unpacked for the most part, so now it's time to decorate and just get the house to where we want it. Luckily, the lady who sold us the house kept it immaculate and it was move-in ready. I liked how she had decorated the house, so we only plan on painting the kitchen and kid's rooms. We are beyond grateful to our Heavenly Father for getting this to work out for us! He is always so good, through the happy and difficult times in our lives. He is always there and on our side. How amazing is that?!
Here are the pictures from the listing:















2 comments:
Looks adorable! You'll love all that land and I can see you getting goats besides chickens! Anyway, I hope you had a good Thanksgiving and will enjoy a very merry Christmas in your new home!
Beautiful home! I love the layout plus you have land and a paved driveway!I'm sure your kiddos are loving all the space to play!
Post a Comment