Saturday, April 14, 2018

Stella's Basketball Banquet

We've really been wanting to get Stella in another sport because we see the benefit in being a dual sport athlete. Finally this year Stella started basketball. She's been wanting to play basketball for a couple years, but we just got around to it this year. I had no idea until like a week before that it was co-ed at her age! Well, turns out, she was the only girl on her team! I know it was scary for her and learning a new sport was difficult, especially since she has known softball for 5 years now. There were lots of tears, but by the end of the season, she LOVED it! Then there were tears because she didn't want the season to be over! I was glad it was over because they had their banquet and the following week softball started! We are so proud of our Stella for persevering and for having great sportsmanship. She can't wait for next year. Now on to the ball field!






2 comments:

yaya said...

No way is that beautiful, grown-up looking young lady Stella! Isn't she just a baby?! Ha! They do grow fast! She's a beauty and I'm glad she's enjoying playing sports. It can really teach them so much. Hope all is well with you and your family!

Avanna said...

Way to go Stella! Basketball is such a fun sport! I was center back in the day.