Just like when I was pregnant with Joey, I knew what gender I was having. I knew I was having a boy. I just knew it!
Aaaannnd......
I was wrong! Again! I "knew" Joey was a girl a and I "knew" this baby was a boy!
Needless to say, I was shocked that we are having a little girl, but so happy! Stella said, "I knew it was going to be a girl because I prayed it would be!" It was so sweet! We are so ecstatic!!! Although I am not sure what to do with a baby girl after I have had two boys. I felt the same way when I was pregnant with Grady: "What do I do with a boy?!" The wonderful thing is that you do the same thing. You just love them, hold them, feed them and change them!
As time goes by, we have been telling less and less people her name because of the lack of support we have received about it. It obviously is not changing our mind, but I just don't want to hear it, you know?
ANYWAY! Stella is named after my maternal grandmother, so we are naming this little baby girl after my paternal grandmother, Kalliope. My YiaYia's nickname was Poppy though, so we will name baby girl Kalliope, but she will go by Poppy. Her middle name is after my favorite aunt Sophie, whose real name is Sophia, so her name will be:
Kalliope "Poppy" Sophia Eichhorn!
We can not wait to meet her at the end of August!! I love her so very much already!!
6 comments:
I love her name! Jack thinks it's so cool! Congrats on this little blessing! Don't let anyone rain on your parade...but I wouldn't suggest a career in fortune telling!
My Mom told me tonight that her cousin is Kalliope...but they call her Kelly. I like Poppy better!
Congratulations! I think Poppy is a cute name! There is a character on Grey's Anatomy named Kalliope, and she goes by Kallie, one of my all time favorite names. I just hope she doesn't make loud calliope noise for you all the time. :)
Congrats! I had a good friend growing up whose nickname was Poppy. I love it! Can't wait to see pictures and videos of her and hopefully meet her in person sometime!!
Thanks everyone! Kathy and Vicki, my cousin is named after my grandmother also, and she goes by Kelli, too. :)
So exciting. I was going to say Kalliope was on Grey's Anatomy too...
I love the name. Unique to our day. You know Kyle will ask you to name her after him though, because he asks you every time. :)
Post a Comment