





(Thanks for the pictures, Linnéa!)After having Stella at 37 weeks, I was concerned that Grady would come earlier, so I prayed often to Heavenly Father that Grady would not be pre-term. WELL….at 40 weeks and 4 days he finally decided to come! At that point I was praying that he would come soon because I didn’t want to have to be induced. The Lord brought him at the perfect time. We celebrated New Year's with a traditional Yankee dinner of sauerkraut and pork. It was delicious! BUT because of the sauerkraut I had a bad stomach for the remainder of the day and into the next day. On Monday I continued doing all of the natural inducing suggestions that everyone told me about (including downing a can of pineapple.) We then went to our friends' house (Rachel and Dave’s) to watch the bowl game. Of course, that didn’t turn out well. We got home and chilled for a while. Then I went to the bathroom and noticed some things going on. I called my midwife to let her know. I was really excited that finally something was going on but I told her that I’m sure it was going to be awhile until things really started up. That was at 6:00pm. At 6:10 I had a contraction that was bearable and then also at 6:20. Then at 6:30 I had another one that felt like a transition contraction and I was on all fours on the floor! I told Casey, “We better start packing!” I had packed Stella and Grady’s bag, but not our’s yet. When I went into labor with Stella it was long enough that Casey painted my toe nails and then packed our bags. Well these contractions were so intense that Casey was counting the time in between them. They were right at 3 ½ minutes in between and they were only about 30 seconds long! Then we were kind of going crazy trying to get going. Stella must have sensed it because she peed on the kitchen floor then painted her body and the floor! So we packed up, left the house, and dropped Stella off at my friend, Linnéa’s, house. I told Casey on the way to the birth center that if these contractions weren’t transition contractions, (and there were worse ones to come) I was going to die. They were so intense! When we got to the birth center I walked right in, saw the midwives, and cried. Amy (my midwife) checked me and I was only at a 4!!! I was like, "Are you kidding me?!" She said to not let that discourage me and she then suggested rotations (two contractions on my right side, two contractions on all fours, two contractions on my left side, then two on my back.) Those killed and I didn’t even finish before they asked if I wanted to get in the tub. I said, "Yes please!!" I got in and had a few more contractions. I then felt the urge to push. Amy told me it wasn’t time yet, so I had another contraction and I was shaking because I was fighting my body’s urge to push. I was at an 8 when she checked me next. Then I asked if I could push again. She checked and told me I could. Casey was supposed to catch Grady, but after two pushes Grady was out and Casey didn’t have time to catch him! I couldn’t believe it! We arrived at the birth center 8:00pm and Grady was born at 8:29 pm!! The labor was so intense, but I am so happy beyond words to have my little one here. He was 7 pounds 10 ounces and 20 inches long. I was afraid he was going to be 10 pounder since he was so late, but he wasn’t (which I was of course so glad about!) Childbirth is such a miracle! After Grady was born the Spirit was so strong in that room. Our little miracle is here. After about an hour Linnéa brought Stella and we all shared in the special moments as a family. I am amazed beyond words of the blessings Heavenly Father has given to my family and me.
6 comments:
He is beautiful! Looks like his daddy. I am glad to hear that it went so well. Congratulations!!!
Congrats! I'm so glad your labor was fast! He is adorable. I'm so happy for you guys!
Congratulations. What a cutie! And I LOVE the name Grady. So happy for you - and so glad the delivery went okay. I appreciate you sharing the details. It brought back memories of our third son's birth - so fast he almost arrived on the sidewalk in front of the hospital!
He's a cutie! Congrats to you all! I think he looks like you....that was a fast labor and thankfully over quickly for your sake...Big hugs from Ashland to you!!
Can't wait to meet him in March!
Love you guys.
So happy everything went well and that the labor was quick. I wonder if you'd still rather do it the Stella way rather than the quick Grady way now that he's a few weeks old... :)
He is SOOOOOO cute!!!! And I'm sure Stella is such a good big sister.
Post a Comment