Monday, April 25, 2011

Sick

Stella and I were SOO sick this past month! It was way difficult to be sick AND to need to take care of a sick baby. I’ve never experienced that before. If we’ve ever been sick it was at separate times. This was the sickest I’ve been in over 10 years. It’s actually the first time I visited the family doctor for something since I was a teenager! When I went in to the doctor she said that I had a sinus infection and bronchitis. I sounded like a man. Actually when my mom called me she didn’t know it was me she was talking to. Stella and I both were prescribed Amoxicillin. I was VERY upset though because I got pills and I wanted the pink liquid! It’s soo yummy! When I was growing up my brother would frequently get ear infections and he would be prescribed Amoxicillin. I would always sneak swigs of it. That’s pretty bad, huh? ANYWAYS, when I was sick I was showered with help and support from text messages, Facebook messages, and phone calls. We had food brought to us FIVE times!! The people who did these acts of charity may not have realized it, but they made a WORLD of difference to us! I couldn’t keep up with anything! I couldn’t stand up very easily. I was getting so behind on everything! What I saw from these friends of mine was the pure love of Christ.

1 comments:

Stacy said...

You've gotta love the fringe benefits of a ward family! Especially when extended family are so far away.